Saturday, September 02, 2006

Most of us have heard, at one time or another, "It's not personal, it's only business." That little saying is usually used to soothe over any bad feelings as a result of someone screwing you. Does it make you feel any better? Doubtful, but it gives the speaker a way of compartmentalizing the previous heinous act into some sort of business ethic.
My name is Joel Floss. I am presently a co-owner of Merrick Printing Company, Inc. Merrick Printing, located in New York City. I have been a small business owner for 21 years, and was in printing, teaching and sales before this.
I am always learning new things about printing and business in general. Just when I think I've heard it all, something new comes along to dispel that knowledge. It's a brave new world out there, where new technologies threaten to shake up old business ethics.
This blog is something new for me. My wife has been blogging for a while and is helping me set this up.

9 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great Start Joel! Hi Susan!!!

From LOLMOM at WAHM.com. :-)

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Shelly said...

Great start!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Char said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I look forward to getting your perspective on business topics.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger joel said...

Elizabeth,
Thank you for your comments. I told Susan that you said "Hi".
Joel

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Looks like you are off to a good start Joel! Look foward to reading more.

Hi Susan ;)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Tammara Nelson said...

It only seems natural that a person who is into printing would have a blog. Have fun blogging!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jeanette said...

Great start to your blog!! I'm a newbie as well :)

JeanetteJ from wahm.com

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Addies said...

I love the way you presented everything Joel, Nice to see you blogging.

You may be interested in looking to my blog http://workers-place.blogspot.com

Good Luck!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Antha said...

I find your words to be quite eloquent and interesting. Great start and hope to see more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home